In earlier times, the internet was not an integral part of life. But in the last few years, it has created an unbeatable place. More than 4.3 billion people are actively using the internet and engaging in activities where they require speedy internet.
But sometimes the problem arises when they are connected with the Router, but no internet is available. At that particular moment, they look forward to the solutions to resolve the problem. If you are also dealing with the same problem and want to get rid of it as soon as possible, here we will discuss the methods that one can consider.
Fix Router Not Connecting to the Internet: Possible Fixes
1. Resetting the Router:
Resetting the Router is one of the common methods in which one can adapt when no internet connection problem arises while connected with Router. All you need to do is press the reset button for a while and let the Router to get reset.
After it, check out whether you can get access to internet services or not. An individual needs to wait for 30 seconds because it takes time to return to default settings.
2. Reset the network:
Resetting the network will also help an individual to deal with it easily. All you need to do is visit the settings option, and their network and internet connection option is available. Click on the status and then go for network reset. When you click on the network reset, it will ask for the reset now option and click on it.
It will remove the network adaptor, and network settings will change to default. This indicates that you need to set up all the things again and restore the internet connection easily.
Upgrade the firmware of Router:
The up-gradation of Router depends on the Router you are available with. But there are similar steps you need to follow. But before you choose it, you need to go through the user manual so that you have an idea.
- At the very first, you need to download the correct firmware from the website of the manufacturer.
- Go to the hardware version of the router download page and choose the right file.
- After choosing the right file, you just need to update it directly.
- If the firmware is not there, then download it and click on continue.
- Now login to the admin on the Router and locate the firmware section.
- Confirm the router firmware version.
- Now move the Firmware files to the Router.
- Check out the instructions available for doing it.
- After you are done with the upgrade, restart the Router.
Check out the Basic indicators:
An individual needs to check out that the Router is properly plugged in, and the switch is on. Try to visit multiple websites and check out whether the internet connection problem is occurring at one website on all the sites. After it, you just need to take out whether you have entered the right password or not.
After you are done with all these things, you need to check out the settings will sometimes the misconfigured settings also leads to no internet connection when connected with Wi-Fi as well. Therefore you need to check out whether it is properly selected or not. If you cannot find it out, simply contact the ISP and ask him about the issues. He will help you in understanding the problems and come up with the best for you.
Restart the Router and modem:
If no internet connection problem is persisting, then you need to restart the modem and Router. All you need to do switch it off and wait for one or two minutes. Now plug in the modem and let it boot up. After it away for a few minutes until both the device starts again and confirms they are working properly. All background issues will get flushed out, and you will be able to easily access internet connections.
Check out the network card:
Do not forget to check out the network card as well. Network cards can also contribute to internet connectivity problems. All you need to do is troubleshoot it and get rid of the problems. Steps you need to follow for it includes:-
- At the very first right-click the start button and move to device manager.
- After moving to device manager, expand the network adaptors category and check out if there is any yellow exclamation mark Available.
- If there is no yellow mark available, then the network card is working properly, but if there is a yellow mark, then you need to go ahead and right-click on it and disable the device.
- You just need to wait for about two minutes and then click on the network adaptor and enable it. Check out whether the mark is available or not. After it, you need to try the internet connection again.
- Additionally, if the exclamation mark is available, then there is a problem with the network card. You need to restart the Computer or approach that technician so that they can repair it or replace it.
Check out the lights on Router and modem:
If not even a single method is working in your favor, then you need to check out the LED lights available on the modem. Two-color lights are available in green and red. If the modem is indicating green lights and the issue is just with installation and up-gradation. But if the red light is available, then you need to approach the ISP and ask him whether there is any issue from his side or not. Sometimes the problem arises when there is a technical fault in the line, and it has not been resolved and timely.
These are the methods one can adopt whenever they can connect with the Router, but no internet connection is available. You need to understand that you are not focusing on any of the irrelevant methods. If you are adopting any method that is not working in your favor you will feel disappointed for No reason.
Moreover, if not even a single method is working in your favor then without thinking twice, approach the internet service provider and resolve the issue. He will configure the settings and come out with the best for you.